CD Review :: Acid Black Cherry - Acid BLOOD Cherry
CD + DVD
1) THE RUINER
2) BAD BLOOD
5) BLACK OUT
6) Sweet dEvil
7) Forbidden Bells
8) RIDE into the FATE
10) Guilty Cry
Acid BLOOD Cherry is a special 10th anniversary concept album by Acid Black Cherry which was released on 21st June .
This release is a spin off from Acid Black Cherry's Recreation covers albums . The word BLOOD is emphasised in Acid BLOOD Cherry as all the while , yasu is the 1 that composed & writes all the songs but this time round in Acid BLOOD Cherry , he enlisted other musicians to work on the material .
Acid BLOOD Cherry includes 10 songs & the 2nd song BAD BLOOD is the only album track that has a video made .
Here's the writing & composing credits for all songs in Acid BLOOD Cherry :
- THE RUINER ; written , composed & arranged by defspiral's RYO
- BAD BLOOD ; written by JUN , composed & arranged by everset's Nagano Tenji
- BEAST ; written , composed & arranged by defspiral's RYO
- crimson ; cowritten by Kojima Minoru & 3＋3 mimie . Composed & arranged by Kojima Minoru
- BLACK OUT ; written by MASA☆ , composed & arranged by Libraian/La'cryma Christ's HIRO
- Sweet dEvil ; written by KOTO , composed & arranged by La'cryma Christi's SHUSE
- Forbidden Bells ; written , composed & arranged by Far East Dizain's Leda
- RIDE into the FATE ; written by everset's Himura Tsuyoshi , composed & arranged by everset's Nagano Tenji
- KEDAMONO ; written by BREAKERZ's AKIHIDE , composed & arranged by Libraian/La'cryma Christ's HIRO
- Guilty Cry ; written by JUN , composed & arranged by everset's tatsuo
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of Acid Black Cherry , a new spin off project was created & Acid BLOOD Cherry injects new blood into the project by welcoming the creations of other musicians .
Musicians who normally celebrates their 10th anniversary tend to release a best album which's quite standard but what Acid Black Cherry did is a bit different from the norm .
Acid BLOOD Cherry is still a Rock driven album (it's quite heavily Visual Kei sounding to a certain extent) but due to various musicians that contributed their time & effort into the release , they're different from each other .
I'm not so surprised BAD BLOOD had a video made because out of the songs , it's 1 of the more memorable sounding ones but given a choice , I would love RIDE into the FATE to have a video made or maybe Forbidden Bells as I like the melody to the song .
Some Acid Black Cherry fans do not like Acid BLOOD Cherry because this's the 1st release that there's no personal input coming from yasu as this time round , his musicians friends are the ones that stepped in regarding the creative process & let alone , lyrically some of the songs are questionable because a few have English/Engrish lyrics which I didn't know until I read them in the CD sleeves .
But end of the day , Acid BLOOD Cherry is an interesting release but I suppose some would feel what yasu does for his solo career , is still tops but as I said earlier on , the fact that this's not a typical release in celebrating a musician's 10th anniversary , it's something unique .
That said , I hope yasu will make a full recovery as he was supposed to go on tour this month to promote Acid BLOOD Cherry but due to health problems , he's unable to which's not a great way to commemorate this milestone of this . The fans have his back & I'm sure he appreciates all the well wishes & may he be in the pink of health soon .