Namie Amuro - new material in best album Finally
3 CDs + DVD & 3 CDs + Blu-ray
6 new songs are included in Namie Amuro's best album Finally which was released last month on 8th Nov .
The release of Finally is to celebrate Namie's 25th anniversary in the business .
The 6 new songs included in the 3rd disc of Finally are :
- Hope ; used as the opening theme song for the ONE PIECE anime . Described as a inspirational song where Namie showcases a 'powerful' singing voice . The lyrics talk about the bond between friends & how that bond becomes the 'light of hope' which leads us to the future . Namie also commented saying that she hopes the song will fully compliment the unique charm that One Piece brings
- In Two
- How do you feel now ? ; special collaboration with mobile phone operator NTT DoCoMo who is also celebrating their 25th anniversary
Tetsuya Komuro appeared in the How do you feel now ? video
- Showtime ; used to promote TBS's Kangoku no Ohimesama drama . Namie's remarks on Showtime , "This is an honour . When looking at the revenge plan that unfolds in the drama , I decided to make Showtime a feminine pop song . I am happy that it will add excitement to the drama "
Showtime is been described as being an upbeat catchy party tune
- Do It For Love ; used in the ads of Hulu starring Namie herself
- Finally ; used to promote NTV's NEWS ZERO
All new songs have music videos made except for Hope . 39 songs in Finally have new recordings & Christmas Wish has a video made .
New material wise , I like Showtime & In Two the most . Showtime showcases a very different music side of Namie & the video is possibly her most comical 1 to date as she dares to poke fun of herself & not take things seriously .
In Two on whole is awesome as it has a great electro pop sound that reminds me of Alive & Stranger considerably .
The other new material are alright to me . Hope & Do It For Love get repetitive after a while and I find How do you feel now ? nothing that special . Finally (the song) is the only new ballad & I'm sure this will be a tear jerker number when Namie sings it during her final last tour .
New recordings wise , I like the new versions of Dr. & Break It . The new rendition of arigatou is quite good too . The rest are ok if not quite bad as in some tracks Namie sounded quite lacklustre and at times the originals still sound better than the new recordings .
On whole Finally is a great release in celebration of Namie's 25th anniversary but at the same time , the feeling is bittersweet as Finally is Namie's last release before her unexpected retirement in Sept 2018 .
It was said that Namie had thoughts of retiring 5 years ago but she has decided to do so now . While it's saddening to know so , I respect her decision as for her to be basically doing this from her teen years until now , it's no easy task .
The JPop world will be losing 1 of the best celebrated irreplaceable female solo acts & Namie will be leaving behind a wonderful legacy which future fans will come to know about her in years to come .